Monday, October 24, 2011

College Friends

Guest post from: Natalie Walter

Last night I stayed up late watching The Big Chill on Satellite tv for your family. I remember my mother loving that movie when I was a child and I never understood why. Watching it last night I understood the jokes for the first time, but more than that I understood the concept behind the powerful storyline. It’s only been five years since I graduated from college, but my best friends from school (probably the best friends I’ll ever know) have already begun to feel distant. What is it about college that bonds people together so closely? Is it that the people you surround yourself with in college are there beside you when you are learning to be independent, experimenting with alcohol, suffering from sleep deprivation and very rarely have actual commitments during the hours of nine and five? Whatever it is about my college friends that made them my friends, I miss that, and I miss them. The Big Chill made me dream of us all eating breakfast together in someone’s nice fancy house after a scandalous night. Sounds like the makings for an excellent party.

1 comment:

  1. Where to Buy Car Insurance
    Insurance: Car Auto • Published: August 8, 2010
    Buying car insurance Cheap North Face 3 In 1 Jackets For Women Sale
    can be a major undertaking so you should be prepared with these helpful tips

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, your comments are greatly appreciated!