Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What are your value fears? & my thoughts on the after math of the Deadline!



So I have previously written about motivates people, this blog is more about what are your fears? I am not talking about a fear of heights, snakes or spiders, but I want to know about your deepest fears! Some people fear not being rich enough, not graduation from college- this is what I am getting at.  After a lot of thought about my fears, I have decided that my number one fear is disappointing my family and friends. I know that they all love me and at the end of the day I probably can’t disappoint them, but I would hate to look back in my life and realize that I didn’t make them as proud as I could have. This fear bring me back to my previous post- what if I never find the one thing that really motivates me to make them proud? With yesterday’s post about being Lost in mind, I am ready to get down and dirty to really make something of myself! I am ready to find the thing I love and make the best of it! Having certain fears in life can help motivate us and I believe that this is my motivation. I know that at the end of the day my family will always have my back and always support me. Nonetheless the fear of disappointing them still motivates me. I want to be the best I can be and show my parents that they did a great job raising me, show my siblings that they believed in me for a reason and show my friends how much their support was a part of my success. So people, what fears for you have and do these fears motivate you, the way they do for me?


So I have a small bone to pick with the NBA right now. I think they have one really messed up rule. The trade deadline is over and a lot teams made moves to either push for the playoff run or dump high salaries. The Wizards are a team that made trades to dump salaries. They ended up getting Mike Bibby before the deadline passed last week. Then yesterday they agreed to a buyout, with Bibby agreeing to pass on next year’s $6.2 million salary. It’s fine that a player doesn’t want to play for a losing team, but come on! He agrees to a buyout and now he will sign with the Heat for the league minimum! This is also probably going to happen with Troy Murphy (he is signing with the Celtic).



It is ridiculous that players are allowed to make these moves passed the trade deadline. The Heat made no moves up to the deadline, and now it looks like that will pay off because they will end up with Bibby  for nothing and the Celtics getMurphy, without having to give anything on their end! I think that there should be a limit to how many players one team can sign in a move like this. Players should also have to wait longer than currently allowed before making moves like this or they shouldn’t be eligible to be on the playoff roster or some similar restriction. It’s a weak move by the NBA and it needs to be changed!


Edited by: Natasha Dixon
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, your comments are greatly appreciated!