Monday, February 28, 2011

Lost in Life? & Spring Training has started!




So I am sure that in the past I have already blogged about being Lost in life, but this is my blog so I am going to write about whatever I feel like!  I have been unemployed for a little while now and although I have been doing some work on the side, I am getting to a point where I want a full-time job again (and hell, the money is bound to run out one day). I am going to be taking my Real Estate Exam in the next few weeks, but I am not sure if being an agent is what I want to do. What I am wondering is, how are you supposed to figure this out? I watched the Academy Awards last night and while part of me would like to be an actor I don’t think I have what it takes or really know what it would take. Then there is another part of me, who now loves to blog/write, but I have never considered this field as a career path, I don’t even know where I would begin. At the same time, I love marketing and have been enjoying the freelance work I have been doing lately, even more so than before! At the start of my unemployment I began studying Real Estate. I have always had an interest in homes and the real estate business, but is this what I will love doing?
I have learned so much in all the jobs I have had. I know that I work well with people and am not afraid of hard work, but I am not sure how create a career path out of that. And while my parents tried to guide me to figure things out, I know it all comes down to me and no one can make this decision for me. We aren’t ever really taught to pick out our career path, which is why I feel Lost. In the current job market it is hard to find anything, let alone your dream job – I don’t know where to start! I know I am skilled and capable, so there must be something for me out there. I don’t like to reach out for help too often, from my family or anyone else for that matter, but when you are Lost, how do you find your way? I know that 90% of the people that read this blog are my close friends and family (I appreciate that, by the way), but how can I get people beyond that circle to read what I write? How/Where do I look inside myself to materialize whatever it is that I want to/should be doing? Maybe this is my way of asking for help! What ideas do you guys have? Do you know someone with great advice or help for someone like me? Let’s hear some idea from you guys – help me get the ball rolling!






Spring training started over the weekend and I know I have said that I am not that excited about the Angels’ season – but I lied! Seeing them play got me as excited as I can be! I missed them, I missed knowing that they would be there playing everyday, win or lose, I could count on the being there next day. I am not trying to make anyone who reads this an Angel fan, I just want to get you pumped about the upcoming season! Baseball is a great sport! I know people find it boring, but this game is amazing and it deserves greater appreciation. With young players like Mike Trout, on their way up to the Bigs and Haren on the squad for the entire season, I am excited about where this season and team will go this year! So Angel fan or not, people get ready for baseball season!

Also by the way, Little League season starts Saturday and I have never been so excited!

  


Edited by: Natasha Dixon 

1 comment:

  1. I always like reading...keep reaching out, try new things and keep moving forward!.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, your comments are greatly appreciated!